08 May 2012

Day 129: It is Finished!

This morning devotion was on Philippians 1:6, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus". This reminds me of God being a finisher, someone who completes His work and will not leave anything half-done.  Since, the creation God has shown Himself completing His work.  Genesis 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work". I remember Jesus saying the word "It is finished" (John 19:30) on the cross after taking his last breath.  He will not stop working His great plan for me and won't leave me hanging.  This brought great encouragement in my walk with God and motivated me to continue trusting Him in the midst of what I'm going through. I ought to be confident of this promise. He is faithful and will complete the work in me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...