08 May 2013

The Disciple whom Jesus Loved.

And so my grace story continues...

I went to a send-off dinner last night with friends.  But instead of me sending blessings to her before flying back to the Philippines, I think I was the one who was greatly blessed when someone prayed for me.  Several days ago I've been telling myself that "I want to be the disciple whom Jesus loved." Please don't get me wrong, Jesus loves everyone - you and me, without favoritism.  

Frankly speaking, I have this competitive spirit inside of me that led me to say those words. Back when I was studying, I always wanted to be on top of the class and achieve recognitions. When I got saved, the desire for honor has lessened but I think the competitive spirit remains in a different way.  hahaha. 

Tears fell from my eyes when someone prayed for me and said these words, - "like", "fond", "delight", that Jesus delights in me.  Praise the Lord! Jesus is pleased with me. Those words brought such joy in my heart, it felt like Jesus was affirming His affection for me and that Jesus and I are really "lovers".  Kakakilig! Feeling ko ang ganda ganda ko! hahaha. Those words are confidence-booster for me.

Snapshot of the four of us last night. Yey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...