08 May 2013

Runaway Bride

Oooooops.  I am not going to make a movie review on Julia Robert's  "Runaway Bride", though I really like that film.  I am blogging about the danger of running away from something you know you were called to do and from being someone you were called to be.  I came up with this blog post because I see myself exactly on the same spot where I told God "NO" and how I realized it was a total waste of time to really run away from God.  

I got reminded of the story of Jonah who run away from where God wants him to be and refused to do what God has called him to do.  It only brought disaster to him and to the people around him.  Sometimes pain and disaster has its way of bringing us back to the right track and come to our senses. "'Yung tipong kailangan pang masaktan, bago sumunod." 

But the best thing is that when we are ready and decided to come back, God will embrace us in spite of our disobedience. The parable of the prodigal son is a beautiful picture of the Father's heart to His children.  Amazing, isn't it? No condemnation from the Father, rather a big celebration to His son who got lost but was found. 

No more running, Chel. Run no more.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...