30 March 2012

Day 90: Main Course.

Luke 10-38-42 records the story of Martha and Mary who had different ways of welcoming Jesus at their place.  Mary chose to be with Jesus and listen to His' teachings while Martha was busy in the kitchen preparing something for Him. Jesus favored what Mary did although there's nothing wrong with what Martha chose to do.  The Message version states -The Master said, "Martha, dear Martha, you're fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it—it's the MAIN COURSE, and won't be taken from her." 

In my walk with God, I realized that I am more of a Martha because I always find myself doing things for the Lord and even for other people.  Its tiring and exhausting sometimes.What I'm doing is the "DESSERT" and not paying much attention to the "MAIN COURSE" which is spending quality time with God in Word and in prayer. I put it this way, a meal of an ordinary person requires the main course and its OK not to have dessert BUT it will be better if you have the main course and the dessert. That's awesome! For me if I take more dessert, its either I won't have appetite for the main course or will take less of it. On the other hand, if I did take the full main course, I will take less dessert or sometimes wont take it at all. The same applies to my spiritual growth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...