26 April 2012

Day 117: Artwork devotion.

Want your daily devotions to be more exciting?  I would like to share how I do mine.  I use different color pens, highlighters, draw pictures, lines, arrows, boxed/encircle/underline keywords, put check marks, asterisks on important thoughts and so on. You don't need to be a very artistic person to do this. Look at my work! A work done by the child inside of me. Yay!

This morning, I meditated on Psalm 91, picked out one verse that strike me the most, which is verse 1: "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty".  I draw 5 shelters and write inside some of the things that I dwell in to find comfort and encouragement.  The verse says to find shelter in God alone so I draw a house (sort of) and draw a human inside.

I find studying God's word this way more fun and would not be a boring ritual or task that I have to do everyday.  After all, God wants me to enjoy my relationship with Him to the fullest. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...